"It is better to travel ten thousand miles than to read ten thousand books." - Chinese Proverb

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Charades...

My thought of the day...

When I get back from China, I'm going to be excellent at charades.

This is attempt to order green tea:

 Me trying to pronounce Green Tea...

 The barista pointing to the menu... NOT at green tea :(

 Disappointed...

 Oh, come on!

 Giving up...

Why?!?!?!?!

Just kidding! We actually took these pictures for a friend of mine - in truth, the barista understood my pronunciation of green tea the first time! Go me!

Also, this week I've been helping my friend/fellow teacher, Dave, to grade his midterm papers. His students had about 8 different topics they could choose from, one of them being "Dangerous Drivers." A lot of the students agreed that driving while fatigued is a bad idea... and then I saw this sign:


So, for those of you back home, be sure to follow this well-written piece of advice and do not drive tiredly!

And now, I'm off to watch some of my students perform fairy tales :)


No comments: