"It is better to travel ten thousand miles than to read ten thousand books." - Chinese Proverb

Saturday, January 5, 2013

期末考试


So after returning from my New Year’s adventure in Shanghai, I have spent the remainder of this week in café’s around Hangzhou, doing paperwork and grading final exams. Great beginning of the year, right?

Day 1

Day 2

Day 3
Really though, we are required to do an insane amount of paperwork in order to submit final grades here at HNU. And it is definitely a pain. But reading my students’ writing finals has been a blast, so I guess it all balances out. I have to finish by Sunday (January 6), so I’ve got two more days of this madness and then I’m free!

In other news, it’s been snowing all day here in Hangzhou, which is really pretty, but really cold. I think I have decided that I prefer warmer climates – even if it means blistering hot summers, at least I don’t have to freeze in the winter. I got enough snow to last me a lifetime when I studied for a semester in Finland. Never again, my friends.

Looking out from my balcony
So, while all of you are finishing up your winter breaks, I am gearing up for mine… and I couldn’t be more excited because I’ll finally be heading home! But before that, I’ll be taking one more little trip to a city called Nanjing, which I’ll hopefully tell you more about next week.

Until then, Zaijian!

No comments: