"It is better to travel ten thousand miles than to read ten thousand books." - Chinese Proverb

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Some Inspirational Travel Quotes

So, as my adventure approaches, I've noticed that I'm a bit more apprehensive than I realized (and who wouldn't be - I'm moving to the other side of the world, all by myself, to a country where English is not a common language, and to a job that I'm not even sure I'll be good at. Phew!) In order to motivate myself, I've been looking up some inspirational quotes about traveling. And now, I'd like to share them with you! (Maybe you'll be inspired to travel too!)

“One’s destination is never a place, but a new way of seeing things.” - Henry Miller


“We wander for distraction, but we travel for fulfillment.” – Hilaire Belloc


“All journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware.” – Martin Bube


‎"The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page." - Saint Augustine


"Twenty years from now, you will be more dissappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." -Mark Twain


"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau


And of course, don't forget the Chinese Proverb at the top of this blog. 


So feel free to add inspiring words or quotes of your own (although, you may have to be a member of this site to do that). If it's easier, just shoot me an e-mail: oecunningham2010@gmail.com - I need all the encouragement I can get! 


Zai Jian Everyone!


Olivia

No comments: